Eco-friendly washing – a few tips
Sure, it’s easy to throw clothes in the basket as soon as you take them off. And they don’t cause any damage to the environment in there. It’s when the clothes land in the washing machine that the real damage is done.
If you’d like to wash more environmentally consciously, you can follow these simple tips:
- Wash full loads.
- Follow washing instructions – they’re based on quality and environmental aspects.
- Wool has an inherent ability to repel dirt. Air wool clothing instead, and wash less often.
- Avoid using fabric softeners.
- Find out what your water hardness level is and add detergent based on that. Using too much detergent doesn’t clean the clothing better, and excess detergent often doesn’t rinse out.
- Air-dry clothing as often as possible.
- It’s often sufficient to spot-clean or rinse dirty clothes instead of washing them in the machine.