GET CREATIVE THIS EASTER
Make your own påskris
To mark the beginning of spring, the påskris (Easter tree) is usually made from birch branches and is decorated with colourful feathers, Easter eggs and little chickens. They're colourful, fun to make and best of all...they're really easy to make. Read below instructions on how you can make your own påskris
What you'll need:
- Tree branches (preferably birch)
- Colourful feathers
- Poster paints
- Hole punch
Most of these items are available at craft stores
- PO.P your coat on and head outside and gather up some twigs for your påskris
- When you have your branches, now is the time to get creative!
- Get your feathers, and glue them on to the branches, you may wish to wrap them around the branch once or twice for extra security, but don't worry too much, feathers rarely come unstuck.
- When your branches are nice and colourful PO.P them in the vase, you may wish to put some play sand or stones in the bottom to weigh it down.
- Now it's time to make your own decorations, begin by taking your card and carefully cutting out some egg shapes, now for the fun bit...get creative and paint your eggs anyway you like.
- Or if you would prefer you can download and print our egg and chicken templates to cut out and colour in, click the link at the bottom of the list to download
- Once the paint is dry, take the hole punch and punch a hole at the top of your egg, thread the string through the hole and tie either end in a knot, and there you have it.
- Hang your decorations from your påskris, and your masterpiece is now complete! Enjoy your home made påskris.