Across our website and in our stores you will see our brown ECO icons
These are a quick pointer as to why each garment is made in a more sustainable way. We realise some people would like to know more about each label, so here is more of an explanation for what each one stands for...
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
Every step of the supply chain is checked, from the organic cotton to the end product, where cultivation has less impact on our planet and the people who grow the cotton.
Organic cotton is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides or fertilisers. This type of cultivation has less impact on our planet and the people who grow the cotton.
Better Cotton Initiative (BCI)
The non-profit Better Cotton Initiative work to create a brighter future for the farmers who grow the cotton and for the environment in which the cotton is grown.
All our wool is mulesing free. Organic wool comes from sheep that have been reared according to organic principles; this means that they eat organic feed and have access to plenty of outdoor space.
We want all animals to be well-treated and do not see why any animal should suffer for clothing. This is why we have a zero tolerance for mulesing and we prioritise purchasing wool from countries with no mulesing. Whenever we buy merino wool we always require a certificate that mulesing has not been a part of wool production.
Our recycled polyester comes from post-consumer PET bottles. Polyester comes from non-renewable sources. Using recycled polyester reduces the use of new fibres from these sources and conserves our planet’s resources.
Our recycled polyamide comes from discarded fishing nets. Polyamide comes from non-renewable sources. Using recycled polyamide reduces the use of new fibres from these sources and conserves our planet's resources.
Sustainability is at the forefront of our brand...
Textile for recycling (T4RI)
The T4RI group aims to influence decision-makers and help the textile industry develop in the areas of reusing, recycling and incinerating used clothing.
Sweden Textile Water Initiative (STWI)
The STWI has developed guidelines for more sustainable water usage.
We work with a comprehensive list of restricted chemicals and are a member of the Chemicals Group, which influences industry development in chemical issues. Since 2015 we have been using PFC-free waterproofing agents that satisfy not just our chemical requirements, but our quality and function requirements as well. The most common water-repellent finishing we use is Bionic-Finish® ECO
The Business Social Compliance Initiative is one of the world’s largest organisations for safe and fair conditions at factories and farms in global supply chains.
Whenever we can we donate surplus clothing to Human Bridge to be passed on to those in need.
In addition to our certifications, we have strict chemical restrictions. We are also members of a number of organisations and forums that aim to make our industry more sustainable, and we support Save the Children and Human Bridge. We also have an Animal Welfare Policy that states that animals must be protected from unnecessary suffering and diseases. All of our external suppliers must comply with this policy.
Did you know?
Our bags are made of 25% oyster shell, which is a re-newable raw material, and the remaining 75% is of recycled plastic. The recycled plastic comes from Sweden, where the bags are made, which reduces deliveries and carbon dioxide emissions. We have now also reduced the thickness of some bags to reduce overall plastic consumption.
We are happy to cooperate with other operators to improve conditions for workers in the supply chain. This is why we joined the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) in 2005. We use the same Code of Conduct as the more than 1,300 other BSCI companies, which gives added weight to discussions with suppliers.
Our requirements for approved working conditions are based on the UN Declaration of Human Rights and the ILO Conventions on Labour Rights. These are also summarised in our Code of Conduct and all our suppliers must undertake to work in accordance with the principles specified there.
The Code of Conduct includes requirements for:
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- Prohibition of discrimination
- Reasonable pay
- Reasonable working hours
- Health and safety at work
- Prohibition of child labour
- Special protection for young workers
- Prohibition of forced labour
- Security of employment
- Environmental impact
- Corporate social responsibility and prohibition of bribery
Sustainable clothing for all children that's fun to wear, comfy & stands up to all kinds of play...
PO.P began with the aim to bring working families quality clothes that are easy to care for...
For over 40 years we have tested our outerwear to ensure it stands up to play & adventure...
One of our main goals is to help protect the environment and be a leader in sustainability...