Polarn O. Pyret and Kavat are new best friends
NEW! Shoe collaboration expands our online collection
- Kavat is a family-owned Swedish shoemaker with a long heritage dating back to 1945
- Their footwear is a result of great passion and love of craftsmanship
- This Scandinavian brand stands for design, quality and function, with painstaking attention to detail
- Kavat means bold and brave and these are qualities that infuse the brand
- Kavat challenges the throw-away mentality and concentrates its resources on sustainable footwear
- This is a perfect partnership for our clothes and our vision for sustainable design
Production and Environmental Responsibility
Kavat owns and runs its own footwear factory in Bosnia-Herzegovina. This allows Kavat to have full control of the value chain and all components that are used in manufacturing. Kavat also has the same policy for sourcing of materials and manufacturing processes when footwear is manufactured by external partners.
Kavat’s aim and objective is that all footwear sold under the Kavat brand should meet the EU’s official eco-label criteria. And so far so good: the majority of Kavat footwear met the criteria in 2012.
Kavat shoes may also be purchased at the following Polarn O. Pyret stores:
Grand Arcade Cambridge
House of Fraser Oxford Street
House of Fraser, Jenners